The aims of the AMR are to construct a large HO scale model railroad run and operate HO scale model railroads and promote the hobby of HO scale model railroading and model railroading in general.
The AMR has its’ premises in the north western suburbs of Adelaide South Australia where club members enjoy working on the club’s large two level 100 square metre HO scale layout and running trains on that layout as well as a friendly social atmosphere.
The layout, called the Southern Central Railroad, is a work in progress. The main line is complete and over 50% of the scenery has been done. The main line is both double track and single track with many passing sidings.
Even though the SCR is American transition era and the AMR owns an extensive collection of American transition era locomotives and rolling stock, some sound equipped, members also run their own modern era trains and other prototypes such as Australian, British and European during monthly informal running nights.
Trains are controlled using digital command control (DCC) with either the club’s NCE throttles or members mobile phones using “Wii Throttle” or “Engine Driver” apps with JMRI and Wi-Fi.
The AMR has an extensive library of books, magazines and DVDs, a workshop, and a meeting area. Members receive a monthly e-newsletter. Newsletters
The friendly group at the Adelaide Model Railroaders welcome new members whether they are beginners or experienced railroad modelers
- Action Model Railway Club
- Adelaide Model Roaders Inc
- Central Coast Wednesday Nighters MRC
- City of Sails Model Railway Club
- Coffs Harbour Railway Modellers Inc
- Eurobodalla Model Railway Club
- Gladstone & District Model Railway Group
- Ipswich Model Railway Club
- Logan District Model Railway Club
- Midwest Model Railway Club
- Miniature Train Club – Gold Coast Inc
- SDSR Model Train Association Inc
- The Northern Rivers Model Railroaders Inc
- Toowoomba Model Railway Club Inc
- Wide Bay Burnett Model Railway Club Inc